Customer and carrier contract terms and conditions.
1. Customer warrants that it is the registered legal owner and/or it
has been authorized by the legal owner to act as agent for the registered
owner and has the authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of the
2. By shippers signature and/or agents signature, NAT its agents and
the motor carrier transporting the vehicle and their employees, jointly
and separately are authorized to operate and transport the vehicle from
point of origin to the destination specified in the Bill of Lading.
3. NAT and/or their Agents shall not be liable for the following:
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling system
anti-freeze fluids, industrial fallout, or any other damage caused by
'Acts of God '.
- Damage which is undetectable due to vehicles dirty condition at the
time of pick-up or glass damage caused by debris from road use or
- Mechanical malfunctions, exhaust assembly, frame, alignment, tire
damage, suspension, or running of engines.
- Auto Rental Accruals
- Damage resulting from overloaded vehicles.
- Damage to vehicles caused due to: a) Vehicle cannot be driven on or
off transporter under its own power b) Vehicles that are defective or
have insufficient brakes, parking brake, or parking gear.
4. After shipper makes the vehicle available to NAT or its agents, NAT
and it's agents will use their best efforts to deliver the vehicle within
eight (8) to ten (10) business days, however due to unforeseeable factors
that could result in delays, NAT and it's agents cannot guarantee the date
and/or time of delivery.
5. Shipper shall prepare the vehicle for transport by: removing or
securing, any items that extend above or out from the standard body
dimension of the vehicle (i.e. antennas, fender guards, etc), all
batteries, loose parts, low hanging spoilers, etc.
6. The shipper agrees to properly disclose any damage the vehicle may
have before it being loaded on the transporter/carrier and while the
vehicle is being delivered. Shipper will acknowledge the current condition
of the vehicle by signing the Bill of Lading along with the driver of the
transporter/carrier. Upon delivery, Shipper and Driver will re-inspect the
vehicle a sign the Bill of Lading acknowledging receipt of vehicle. If any
claim should arise as a result of transportation, other then noted on the
Bill of Lading at the time the vehicle was loaded at it's origin, Shipper
has fifteen (15) days to file a claim and must be accompanied by two (2)
written estimates of repair and photographs of the claimed damage.
7. Shipper agrees to pay the carrier the balance of the delivery
charges, unless the order has been prepaid (proof must be shown), upon
delivery of vehicle in cash, cashiers checks or money orders.
8. Shipper agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NAT and it's agents
harmless for any costs, expenses, damages, losses and claims caused by the
shippers' breach under this agreement.
9. The year make and model of a vehicle determines which type of
transporter will be used and the position on the transporter where it will
loaded. Any changes in the year, make or model listed below must be
reported within 72 hours of the scheduled pick-up to this office and may
result in additional charges. These vehicles must start and operate
properly. If at anytime the car will not start, the customer will be
charged an additional $150.00 inoperable fee.
The terms and conditions described herein are standard terms and
conditions used in conjunction with auto transport. The actual carrier(s),
may have their own terms and conditions that may vary form those stated